There is no statutory provision for compensation by the highway authority if a business is affected by road works. The works are essential to ensure the ongoing safe use of the bridge which the Council has a legal obligation to maintain under the Highways Act 1980. The council is not obliged to pay general compensation when carrying out its duties under the Act.
Will businesses receive funding for the loss of income experienced while maintenance works are ongoing?
Table of Contents
- Can I park near the bridge? Will parking restrictions be changed?
- How are you maintaining the heritage of the bridge?
- How will local roads be affected by these works?
- Temporary parking suspensions?
- What colour will the bridge be painted?
- What will emergency services do? Have they been given the same diversion route?
- What’s happening to local bus services during the works?
- Why can’t the bridge be widened?
- Why does the bridge need to be closed to motor vehicles?
- Why won’t work be carried out 24/7?
- Will businesses receive funding for the loss of income experienced while maintenance works are ongoing?
- Will mobility scooters have access?
- Will the construction works stop during Christmas?
- Will the maintenance works be noisy?
- Will the traffic lights be reprogrammed?
- Will the work affect my bin collection?
Cookham Bridge : Essential maintenance : Contact details
For further information, please contact us by:
Highways Team - Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
Town Hall, St Ives Road,
Maidenhead SL6 1RF