Children and families

Household Support Fund

The Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) has provided local government with a further £421m of Household Support funding, nationally, for the period April - September 2022. 

The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead's allocation of funding for this period is £587,905.21. As with other funding provided, the DWP have issued guidance with regard to how they expect this funding to be used to assist local residents, but there is some discretion for authorities who must create their own schemes, taking the Government guidance into account. 

Find out more

Any resident who is still struggling can also contact our community groups for local support and advice.  There are two providers  who are able to support those groups in exceptional cases with a scheme for discretionary contribution to domestic fuel bills through the Household support fund. 

They are : Babybank: Telephone: 07704 919184 or email:, and West Windsor Hub: Telephone: 01753 342110.

Achieving for Children 

Achieving for Children logoAchieving for Children (AfC) provides children's services for the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead. AfC provides children, young people and their families with safeguarding, social care, education and health services. 

As part of AfC’s delivery and partnership with RBWM, the AfC info website hosts up-to-date information on support and services for children, young people and their families. This information includes: 

If you want to know more about AfC, please visit the AfC corporate website, where you can also find available jobs, consultancy work and partnership opportunities. The corporate website also includes latest strategies and reports, including the Sufficiency Strategy for Children in Care and Care Leavers 2023-28

To report a concern about a child or young person

All referrals for children or young people living in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead should be sent to or you can call on 01628 683150.
Please download the Safeguarding referral form. Once completed you must send it to
For more information on safeguarding in RBWM please visit the RBWM Safeguarding Partnership Page.

Contact AfC

If you have any questions about AfC services, you can find the relevant team’s contact details on the AfC enquiries webpage