There is a two stage appeal process. Officers within the home to school transport team consider applications and issue decisions in accordance with the council's policies.
For further information on statutory guidance, please see the Home to School travel and transport document.
A parent/guardian has 20 working days from receipt of the local authority’s decision to make a written request to the transport team asking for a review of this decision.
The written request should detail:
- why you believe the decision should be reviewed,
- any personal and/or family circumstances you believe should be considered as part of the appeal,
- a copy of the letter refusing transport.
Appeals should be emailed to: email@example.com
Within 20 working days of receipt of the written request a senior officer will review the original decision and send the parent a detailed written notification of the outcome of their review, setting out:
- The nature of the decision reached
- How the review was conducted (including the standard followed e.g. Road Safety GB);
- Information about other departments and/or agencies that were consulted as part of the process;
- What factors were considered;
- The rationale for the decision reached;
- Information about how the parent can escalate their case to stage two (if appropriate).