A new leader and Cabinet for the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead have been appointed.
Councillor Simon Werner was elected Leader of the Council at last night’s Annual Council meeting with responsibility for the Community Partnerships, Public Protection and Maidenhead portfolio.
The other Cabinet members, and their responsibilities, are as follows:
• Councillor Lynne Jones – Deputy Leader of the Council, Finance
• Councillor Geoff Hill – Highways and Traffic, Customer Service Centre and Employment
• Councillor Amy Tisi – Children’s Services, Education and Windsor
• Councillor Catherine del Campo – Adult Services and Health
• Councillor Karen Davies – Climate Change, Biodiversity and Windsor Town Council
• Councillor Richard Coe – Environmental Services
• Councillor Adam Bermange – Planning, Legal and Asset Management
• Councillor Joshua Reynolds – Communities and Leisure.
The new Cabinet make-up follows the results of borough-wide elections, held on Thursday 4 May.
A number of councillors have also been appointed to ‘champion’ roles to focus on specific areas within the borough. They are:
• Councillor Helen Taylor – Social housing
• Councillor David Buckley - Business
• Councillor Helen Price – Corporate social responsibility
• Councillor Chris Moriarty – Consultation
• Councillor Jack Douglas – Volunteering
Councillor Mandy Brar has been appointed chair of licensing, and Councillor Gurch Singh and Councillor Alison Carpenter have been appointed chairs of Maidenhead and Windsor Town Forums respectively.
Councillor Werner said: “It is a huge honour to be elected leader of the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead and confirm the Borough’s new Cabinet.
“We are all committed to putting the Borough at the heart of the community and want to work with residents to find the right way forward.
“I want to see an inclusive council and I look forward to working with our amazing residents in coming to decisions and this new Cabinet starts that process.”