5 to 16 year olds with or without a statement or EHCP: 2022-2023 school year applications
Please Note - processing of applications for the 2022-2023 school year will begin from the end of May 2022 onwards.
The Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead delivers its school transport service through Achieving for Children, a community interest company set up in partnership with the Royal Borough of Kingston and the London Borough of Richmond.
The School Transport Team is now operating a call back service only. Priority will be given to calls where the information is not available on the website or in our published policies and question and answer sheet.
Applications for transport assistance should be made for all students between 5 and 16 years of age, whether they attend a mainstream school, special unit in a mainstream school or a special needs school. This applies whether the student has a Statement of Special Educational Need (Statement) or an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
Please refer to the Home to School Transport Policy for the school year you want transport to start in, and the Home to School Transport Code of Conduct for further information before applying for transport assistance.
You can also check our questions and answers for helpful tips and frequently asked questions that will help answer the most common queries.
Please do not apply for transport until your child's school place has been confirmed.
- applications received after 1 August may not be assessed before the start of the new academic year in September.
- you will need to complete a new form for each child you wish to make an application for, as each child is assessed separately and may have different circumstances.
Please do not apply for transport if you do not live in this borough, you should contact your local council.
Information we will need from you:
- Student and parent/guardian contact details,
- School the student will be attending,
- Date you want transport to commence,
- The nearest bus stop or train station to your home address,
- Low income details e.g. proof of receipt of working tax credits or free school meals - please note - we need to see entire letters showing eligibility for Working Tax Credit, not just single pages, if proof of low income is not attached to the application it will delay the assessment,
- Any medical conditions.
additional information required for students with a Statement or EHCP:
- Any disability, health or personal circumstances,
- Any special behaviour considerations,
- Details of their wheelchair (if they use one).