We provide affordable housing options for key workers who do not qualify for social housing and are not currently in a position to enter into full market home ownership.
They offer fantastic value for money, typically priced between 20%-35% less than the average market rent. They are located in vibrant communities with great transport links.
Who are key workers?
Keyworkers are public sector employees who provide a vital frontline service in areas of health, education and community safety. To be eligible for the scheme, you need to work in one of the following sectors:
- Servicemen or women from the armed forces
- Social Services
- Leisure and Cultural Services
- Public and voluntary services
- Public sector agencies
- Construction industry
Am I eligible and who can register for the key worker scheme?
Applicants must meet our current criteria to be eligible. In order to qualify applicants must:
- Be a key worker and provide a headed letter from their employers confirming their key worker status.
- Be on a permanent/ fixed term contract of six months or more with the employer (i.e. not on a zero hour contract or be an agency staff).
- Have permanent leave to reside in the UK (a copy of your documents confirming this must be included with your application).
- You are unable to purchase a suitable home to meet your housing needs on the open market.
- You do not already own a home or you will have sold your current home before you purchase or rent.
- You can independently afford the rent without recourse to public funds
Priority nominations will be given to individuals and/or families with a local connection to the borough, either already living, working, or with family connections to the borough.
For more information please contact the property team.