Please read through the steps below before applying for a temporary structure on the highway licence.
Applications in all cases should be submitted at least 10 working days before the licence is required.
The licence fee is £568.
- The structure shall be erected in a proper and secure manner and must minimise obstruction but in no case shall this be less than 1.20 metres.
- The clear pedestrian access with shall be agreed with the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead but in no case shall this be less than 1.20 metres.
- The structure is to be painted in a colour to be approved by the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead and be lit by approved lamps at no more than six metres centres at height of 1.8 metres above ground and operate at all times between half an hour after sunset and half an hour before sunrise.
You are required to submit:
- A minimum public liability of insurance document of £5, 000,000,
- A site location plan,
- A road space booking and road closure (subject to required Traffic Management) in addition to applying for this licence.
If the conditions are not adhered to, this will result in a £80 fine for each contravention.
Further guidance and conditions will need to be agreed to prior to applying, these can be seen when applying for a licence.