The single person discount review is a review of all single person discount reductions on council tax accounts at the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
Who we are
Revenues and Benefits,
Town Hall, St Ives Road,
Maidenhead, SL6 1RF.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Email : email@example.com
Lawful basis for processing information
General Data Protection Regulation Article 6(1)(e) – processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
The legislation governing Council Tax is the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
How we collect information
Personal data for the Single Personal Discount Review is collected from you by paper enquiry forms and by completing online forms via the council’s website.
What information is collected
The type of information collected relates to the occupants of properties over the age of 18 or persons who use the property as a correspondence address. The information is: name(s); address; date of occupation of the property; date of birth; telephone number and email address; correspondence address; details of any circumstances leading to a disregard discount.
How we use the information provided
All information held by Revenues & Benefits is used to:
- maintain the property database for both Council Tax and Business Rates and to
- calculate liability and charges for Council Tax and Business Rates
- collect monies for Council Tax and business Rates under the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
Who has access to the information about you
Information is shared with the following departments within the council:
- The Council Tax and Business Rates department, Debt Recovery and Benefits Department in order to determine correct liability and charges for payment of Council Tax and Business Rates.
- The Audit department to check of procedures and processes.
- The Fraud Team for the investigation and prevention of fraudulent claims for any discounts or exemptions.
- The Customer Service Team;
- Electoral Registration- to determine electors’ eligibility to register to vote at an address.
- IT services- for technical and system maintenance.
Who we may share your information with
Under statutory duties or as required by law information is shared with the Department for Work and Pensions, the Police, the Serious Fraud Office, HM Customs & Excise and the Valuation Office Agency. Information is also shared with the Audit Commission as part of the National Fraud Initiative.
We engage the services of a third party, Datatank Limited, to help us carry out our reviews of single person discounts. Datatank processes residents’ forms on our behalf, when we write to you and ask you to confirm your current single person status. Datatank will share information with Credit Reference Agencies as part of this process.
How long we store your information
Information is stored for seven years.
Does your service utilise automated decision making? – No.