Who we are
Libraries and Resident Services
St Ives Road
Maidenhead SL6 1RF.
Lawful basis for processing the information
- Local Government Finance Act 1992.
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000.
- The Chronically Sick and Disabled Persons Act 1970.
- The Disabled Persons Parking Badges Act 2013.
- Otherwise it is Informed Consent.
How we collect information
Information is collected from you or for under 16 year olds from a parent or guardian, when forms are filled in or by completing our online forms on our website by yourself or by giving the information over the phone to a Library and Resident Services Advisor.
What information is collected
We collect information about name, date of birth, disability, gender, address, telephone number, and eligibility for qualifying benefits like Personal Independence Payments or Disability Living Allowance, information from doctors around disability, and photograph of badge holder.
How we use the information provided
Staff use personal information as above to assess if entitled to a new Blue Badge or a renewal.
Who has access to the information about you
All staff employed by the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead (RBWM) Library and Resident Services.
Whom we may share your information with
- Partner agencies for the processing of Blue Badges.
- Police for parking enforcement (security) and the prevention and detection of crime.
- RBWM Financial Control: If you make payments online or self-service kiosks, we will share the information you enter with RBWM Financial Control department to process your payments.
- RBWM employees where appropriate (e.g. to resolve an enquiry; for complaint investigation).
- Parking Services - Once your badge has been issued, certain details such as; the badge number, badge expiry date, your name, date of birth, contact number and reason for issuing the badge, may be accessed for enforcement purposes to continue to assess the valid use of your badge. Data regarding any medical issues will not be available at this point.
How long we store your information
Your data will be held for seven years after the badge is surrendered.
Does your service utilise automated decision-making: We do not use Automated Decision Making.