Who we are we
Community Protection Team
Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
Town Hall, St Ives Road
Maidenhead SL6 1RF
The lawful basis for processing the information
- Public Health Act 1936.
- Prevention of Damage by Pest Act 1949.
- Caravan Sites & Control of Development Act 1960.
- Public Health Act 1961.
- Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 197.
- The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Byelaws relating to Good Rule and Government.
- Control of Pollution Act 1974.
- Guard Dogs Act 1975.
- Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976.
- Caravan Sites act 1980 (Removal of Gypsies) 1980.
- Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982.
- Building Act 1984.
- Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984.
- Public Health (Control of Diseases) Act 1984.
- Housing Act 1985.
- Prosecution of Offenders Act 1985.
- Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 1987.
- Local Government and Housing Act 1989.
- Environmental Protection Act 1990.
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
- Water Industry Act 1991.
- Control of Dogs Order 1992.
- Clean Air Act 1993.
- Noise and Statutory Nuisance Act 1993.
- Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994.
- Environment Act 1995.
- Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996.
- Dog (Fouling of land) Act 1996.
- Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996.
- Housing Act 1996.
- Noise Act 1996.
- The Pollution Prevention & Control Act 1999.
- The Pollution Prevention & Control (England and Wales) Regulations 2000.
- Animal Welfare Act 2006.
- Licensing Act 2003.
- Housing Act 2004.
- Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005.
- Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013.
- Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014.
- Consumer Rights Act 2015.
How do we collect information from you
- Contacts to the Customer Service Centre (CSC).
- Direct contact to us (telephone, email, letter and face to face).
- Direct contact to you (telephone, email, letter and face to face).
- Drop in sessions.
- Calls to the out of hours service contractor Inside Housing Solutions.
- Calls to the dog warden service run by SDK.
- Referrals from other Royal Borough Departments or contractors including.
- AfC, Optalis, ISS, Volker highways and Ubaser.
- Referrals from partner organisation’s including Thames Valley Police, Housing Associations, Environment Agency utility companies and other local authorities.
- Application forms such as for a permit or licence.
- Sound recordings.
- Interviews such as for a criminal investigation including a fixed penalty notice.
What type of information is collected from you
- Name, address, email, telephone numbers.
- Details of the problems / complaint that you report.
- Details of reports / complaints that are made about you.
- You may tell us about any illness you may have relevant to your complaint.
- When and where you were at a certain time (such when we witness an offence).
- Sound that you make that can be heard in neighbouring properties.
- For licence applications we will also include details of any criminal convictions.
- For Permit applications commercial details about the process and business.
How we use the information you have provided
We use the information to provide the service that you have requested. We use the information to contact you about complaints that have you have made or have been made about you. We use the information to determine licence and permit applications that you make and undertake the necessary inspections and visits. We use the information to determine if an offence has or has not been committed.
Who has access to the information about you
The information is stored on the Royal Boroughs Uniform computer system that is available to officers in the Community and Environmental Protection (CEP) and Planning Services.
Who we may share your information with
We may depending on the nature of the processing required share your information with any of the following partner organisations and borough departments:
- Partner Organisations.
- Environment Agency.
- Highway England.
- Housing Associations – Radian, One Housing, Housing Solutions.
- Thames Valley Police.
- Thames Water.
- Inside Housing Solutions (IHS) – external Out of Hours Service
- SDK– pest control service.
- Borough Departments.
- Highways .
- Building Control.
- Legal Services.
- Commercial Services.
- Residential Services.
- Environmental Health.
- Trading Standards.
- Property Services.
- Social Services.
How long we store your information
Records are kept on the Uniform computer system indefinitely. Hard copy files are destroyed after four years. Sound recordings are kept until a case is concluded.
Does your service utilise automated decision making? – No