Windsor & Royal Borough Museum shares the space with the Royal Windsor Information Centre at Windsor Guildhall. Our opening hours are Wednesday to Saturday, 10-4pm, including bank holidays.
We are looking for volunteers who can bring enthusiasm and inspiration to our local history museum and encourage residents and visitors to explore more of what the Royal Borough has to offer.
Two hour session at the Museum and Information Centre during opening hours.
- Welcoming visitors
- Answering enquires about local area and the museum displays
- Supporting the museum and information team staff
- Helping with events and activities
When available to conduct guided tours of the upstairs rooms at Windsor Guildhall.
- Leading visitors on an informative guided tour
- Supporting income generation for the museum
- Sharing knowledge and passion for local history
Curatorial and research volunteer
Supporting the museum staff to look after the collection and answer enquiries. Currently all curatorial volunteers are working remotely.
- Researching objects in the museum collection to enhance background history
- Undertaking research to answer enquiries from the public
- Supporting exhibition research
Supporting the Information Centre team to operate their service within the town centre. This part of the service is currently being developed so your interest in this particular volunteering role is invited at this stage.
Please direct any questions by email to email@example.com.