Film requests: Network and Traffic Management

Temporary traffic management, road closures, parking suspensions, crane licences and temporary structure requests must be applied for separately from our Network and Traffic Management Team

As a guide: 

  • Road closures need to be applied for a minimum of three months prior to road closure date.
    • Your Traffic Management company might suggest using Stop/Go to facilitate the shoot. In that case you will be required to apply for Road Space Booking which needs to be submitted as soon as possible and no later than two weeks prior to required date
  • You should have a traffic management plan from a specialist Traffic Management company in place to submit with your road closure application or Road Space booking application.
  • If parking suspension is required, application has to be submitted at least four weeks prior to suspension date.
  • For Stop/Go only a maximum of three holds in any hour are permitted with each hold not exceeding a maximum of five minutes.
  • All approvals will be subject to road space availability and suitability of evidence provided.
  • Our highways department approve all road closures, including for filming purposes. However you will need both permission from highways and a letter of no objection from the council film office before you are able to go ahead with your project (both of which have chargeable fees for the application – this varies depending on the complexity of the application).


Parking suspension and dispensation is available to facilitate filming requirements in some council car parks and on street bays. 

  • There is a film office administration charge of £85+VAT.
  • Where parking is required at short notice then an additional charge of £150 will be charged. 

Unit bases

The film office manages applications for unit bases at council car parks. Commonly used bases are River Street, Alma Road, Coach Park and Alexandra Gardens car parks in Windsor.

Prices for hire depend on the length of time and quantity of parking required, please get in touch for guidance. 

On street parking

Please contact the film office to discuss your requirements for on street parking to facilitate your shoot. There is a separate form and applicable fees for parking suspensions and dispensations from the parking department which may need to be completed. 

Film unit : Contact details

For further information, please contact us by:

Film Unit - Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
Town Hall, St Ives Road
Maidenhead SL6 1RF