Your food waste is collected weekly. To use the food waste recycling service:
- Line your indoor caddy with any plastic bag.
- Food waste can also be loose or wrapped in newspaper.
- Indoor caddies are not supplied but can be bought online or from a range of shops in a variety of styles and colours to suit your taste.
- You can also reuse items such as ice cream tubs, or plastic takeaway containers to collect your food waste in your kitchen.
- When the caddy or container is full, tie the bag and place the bag in your outdoor food bin.
- Keep the outdoor bin locked using the lockable handle.
The following items may be put in your food waste caddy:
- Food waste (for example all uneaten food and plate scrapings).
- Meat, fish and bones, egg shells.
- Dairy except for milk.
- Tea and coffee grounds (including tea bags and paper coffee filters).
- Rice, pasta and beans.
- Bread, cakes and pastries.
- Fruit and vegetables including peelings, cores and stones.
- Food that has passed the use by date (please remove all packaging).
- Pet food.
Please do not put any of these materials in your food caddy:
- Packaging of any kind,
- Liquids such as milk,
- Oil or liquid fat,
- Any material that is not food waste.
Please make sure your outdoor food bin is put out for collection by 7am every week on your normal collection day.
If you do not have an outdoor food waste bin please check at home before ordering a new one. You can also order a new bin if your current bin is broken. Note that we do not provide an indoor caddy.