We offer a collection service for the removal of large household items and non-commercial items. We do not collect from commercial properties.
- We can collect up to five items,
- Collections are made on Wednesdays and Thursdays,
- We can only collect items from outside the front of your property with easy access.
- Items need to be ready for collection from 7am on the agreed collection day and will be picked up at some point during the day.
- We cannot offer a time slot or let you know when they've collected the item.
There is a charge for this service:
- 1 x Item = £42.50
- 2 x Items = £49.50
- 3 x Items = £57.50
- 4 x Items = £64.50
- 5 x Items = £71.50
- Fridge / freezer = £42.50
If you are in receipt of housing benefit a reduction fee is available.
We can only collect the following items and any item must be able to be lifted by a maximum of two people:
- Washing Machine/Tumble Dryer/Spin Dryer,
- Fridge/Freezer - except for American style fridge/freezers,
- Sofa (three piece suite classed as three items),
- Table (Table and four chairs classed as five items),
- Bed (can include mattress and headboard),
- Wardrobe/Chest of Drawers,
- Carpet/Rug/Underlay (per room),
- Desk/Cabinet/Bookcase/Shelf Unit,
- Standard Lamp/Coat Stand,
- Computer Monitor/Standalone Computer,
- Electric Radiator/Printer/HiFi/Music System/DVD player/Video player,
- Hoover/Vacuum Cleaner/Ironing Board,
We do not collect any glass items or mirrors - if you have a sideboard with glass doors you must remove them before collection.
- Your booking cannot be amended once your request has been submitted.
- We are unable to provide a refund in the event of customer cancellation.
To book a collection, please call the council's customer service team on 01628 683800.
(Fees as of April 2023)