Making a claim

Table of Contents

For new claims or a change in circumstances, you will now have to claim Universal Credit. If you are already receiving Housing Benefit, you must tell us that you have made a claim for Universal Credit so that we can end your Housing Benefit. You will also have to make sure you have a claim for Council Tax Support as it is unlikely to be backdated if you claim at a later date.

You will be responsible for paying your rent to your landlord. You will need to have details on how to pay your landlord (your landlord's bank details and possibly your rent reference number). If you are unsure of these details, please contact your landlord.

Council tax support - a claim for Universal Credit, is not a claim for council tax support and you must make a claim for this separately - claim council tax support.