Report a problem with road markings

We are responsible for maintaining most road markings within the borough, with some exceptions:

National Highways is responsible for maintaining road markings on motorways. Please contact National Highways if the problem is on one of these roads:

  • M4
  • M25
  • A308(M)
  • A404(M)
  • A404

The responsibility for maintenance of private roads and private streets lies with the road owners or residents. 

To report a problem with road markings, you will need to tell us:

  • The location of the problem,
  • Whether it is on the road or cycle route,
  • What the problem is,
  • Your contact details if you want to be updated on progress,
  • Upload a photo if you have one.

This form should only be used to report minor issues. If you need to report an emergency situation, please do not report it online, instead call our contact centre.

If you would like to access your report case after submission you will need to sign in or sign up to an account before you start the form.