Report a problem with a manhole or drain cover

The majority of manhole and other covers on our roads belong to utility companies. We will ensure that any serious defects are made safe and pass on all reports received to the relevant utility company for them to action. Alternatively you can contact the utility company direct.

To report a problem with a cover, you will need to tell us:

  • The location of the problem,
  • Whether it is on the road or pavement,
  • What the problem is,
  • Your contact details if you want to be updated on progress,
  • Upload a photo if you have one.

This form should only be used to report minor issues. If you need to report an emergency situation, please call our contact centre.

If you would like to access your report case after submission you will need to sign in or sign up to an account before you start the form.