Report a problem with street cleaning

We are responsible for cleaning on the public highway and our own land and property including:

  • Regular scheduled cleaning of all roads and footpaths,
  • Continuous daytime litter patrols in town centres,
  • Emptying of street and dog litter bins,
  • Emergency litter clearances,
  • Fly-tipping removal from the highway,
  • Removal of dead animals from the highway,
  • Removal of leaf fall from footways/carriageways if required,
  • Removal of oil spills or other debris following a road traffic accident,
  • The removal of graffiti on public highways and street furniture,
  • The cleaning of road signs (annually, with interim cleansing as required).

National Highways is responsible for maintaining motorways and trunk roads, please contact National Highways if the problem is on one of these roads:

  • M4,
  • M25,
  • A308(M),
  • A404(M),
  • A404.

The responsibility for maintenance of private roads and private streets lies with the road owners or residents.

To report a problem with street cleaning you will need to tell us:

  • The location of the problem,
  • The nature of the problem,
  • Any other relevant information,
  • Your contact details if you want to be updated on progress,
  • Upload a photo if you have one.

If you need to report an emergency situation, please call our contact centre. 

If you would like to access your report case after submission you will need to sign in or sign up to an account before you start the form.

Abandoned shopping trolleys can be reported to the retailers directly or via a third party called Trolleywise. Further information is available here: report an abandoned shopping trolley

Highways team : Contact details

For further information, please contact us by:

Highways Team - Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
Town Hall, St Ives Road,
Maidenhead SL6 1RF