Apply for, renew bus passes

Table of Contents

Concessionary fares

If you are applying for a bus pass for the first time you will need to upload proof of ID, proof of address (such as a utility bill, council tax bill or bank statement issued in the past three months) and a colour passport size photo.

To qualify for a companion bus pass you will also need to show specialist proof, such as a letter from a GP, medical specialist or social worker which confirms that you are unable to travel on buses without the help of a carer.

To apply for a new, to renew or update a bus pass please complete this form.

If you are of eligible age or have a registered disability, then you are entitled to a national bus pass, which allows you to enjoy free off-peak travel on local bus services anywhere in England. 

For a woman eligible age means state pension age, for a man this means pensionable age of a woman born the same day. For more information see the who is eligible page

Residents who are unable to travel on a bus without assistance can apply via the link above for a companion bus pass. This allows them to be accompanied by a person who will travel free of charge, subject to restrictions. For more information please see the companion passes page

Library and resident services : Contact details

For further assistance or information please contact us at:

Library and Resident Services - Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead,
Maidenhead Library, St Ives Road,
Maidenhead SL6 1QU.
Telephone: 01628 683800