Once you have submitted your appeal
Once submitted, this appeal shall go straight through to us in the Democratic Services team, where we shall be busy behind the scenes piecing together all of your submitted evidence, eventually along with the Local Authority's case. This shall be sent to you via email prior to your appeal hearing, along with it being sent to the Clerk, the Appeal Panel and the Local Authority Representative. You shall be notified of the date of your appeal as soon as possible, but no later than 10 working days prior to the appeal.
You can get an idea of what date your appeal is likely to be heard by visiting the school admission appeal page.
Please see below for a breakdown of working days as to when you will be hearing from us.
- Notice given to appellants of appeal hearing - at least 10 working days before the date of the appeal.
- Deadline for appellant submitting additional evidence - at least three working days before the date of the appeal.
- Deadline for Admission Authority submitting evidence - at least 11 working days before the date of the appeal.
- Deadline for the clerk to send appeal papers to the Appeal Panel and all parties - at least seven working days before the date of the appeal.
- Decision letter - To be posted out within five working days from the date of the hearing or from the last day of hearings for that particular school if in the Summer round (wherever possible).
- For information on waiting lists, please email: email@example.com.