A timeout card is for use by unpaid carers of a person over the age of 18 who meet the eligibility criteria below.
The timeout card provides admission for free of charge to pools, courts, gyms and fitness classes at the following Leisure Centres:
- Braywick Leisure Centre, Braywick Road, Maidenhead SL6 1BN
- Windsor Leisure, Clewer Mead, Stovell Road, Windsor SL4 5JB
- Charters Leisure Centre, Charters Road, Sunningdale SL5 9QY
- Cox Green Leisure Centre, Highfield Road, Maidenhead SL6 3AX
- Furze Platt Leisure Centre, Furze Platt Road, Maidenhead SL6 7
The Care Act 2014 states carers are entitled to support in their own right. To be eligible for support there are three conditions that need to be met:
- Carers must be providing ‘necessary care’
- Their physical or mental health is starting to deteriorate or is at risk of deteriorating due to their caring role or they are unable to achieve one of the outcomes specified
- As a result of the above there is a significant impact on the carers wellbeing.
In more detail to be eligible for the time out card you need to be having difficulty in meeting one of the following outcomes which is impacting on your wellbeing:
- Carrying out any caring responsibilities the carer has for a child.
- Providing care to other persons for whom the carer provides care.
- Maintaining a habitable home environment in the carer’s home, whether or not this is also the home of the adult needing care.
- Managing and maintaining nutrition.
- Developing and maintaining family or other personal relationships.
- Engaging in work, training, education or volunteering.
- Making use of necessary facilities or services in the local community, including recreational facilities or services.
- Engaging in recreational activities.
How to apply
Please contact adult social services via email AdultSocialCareFrontDoor@rbwm.gov.uk or 01628 683744 for further information or to request a carers assessment to determine eligibility for the Timeout card.