All crafts are free and no booking is required.
Wednesday 13 December, 3pm - 4pm. Suitable for under 8's.
Thursday 21 December, 2.30pm - 3.30pm. Suitable for ages 4-11.
Thursday 21 December, 11am - midday. Make your own Christmas tree decoration. Suitable for ages 4-11.
Tuesday 19 December, 2.30pm - 3.30pm. Suitable for ages 4-11.
Wednesday 20 December, 2.30pm - 3.30pm. Suitable for ages 4-11.
Monday 18 December and Thursday 21 December. 10.30am. Suitable for under 8s.
Christmas Street Food
Thursday 14 December, 3pm - 5pm. Everyone welcome. Free. No booking required.
Living Advent Calendar
Tuesday 12 December, 6.15pm.
Join us and see what lies behind the advent calendar door with a surprise Christmas themed performance. Free Christmas nibbles included.
Christmas Lights Switch on and Special Storytime
Friday 8 December, 4pm - 6pm.
An afternoon of festive fun as the Christmas lights are switched on in Sunningdale, including a special story time with author Fiona Barker.
Silver Surfers IT Tuition by Age UK
Every Tuesday afternoon, 3.30pm - 4.30pm.
Learn how to send and receive emails, keep in contact with friends and family on social media, shop online and much more. We will teach you just what you want to know, at your own pace, in ten one-to-one sessions. Bring your own laptop or use one of the library computers. We can also help you get the most from your smartphone, tablet, e-reader, digital camera or other electronic equipment.
One-off £35 registration fee. To reserve a place contact Age UK Berkshire on 01189 594242 or email: email@example.com
Cards for Good Causes - Charity Christmas Card Shop
Supporting local and national charities.
Monday: 9.30am - 3pm
Tuesday: 9.30am - 3pm
Wednesday: 12.30pm - 3pm
Thursday: 11.00am - 3pm
Friday - 9.30am - 3pm
Saturday - 10am - 4pm
Sunday - Closed
Meet Your Local PCSOs
Monday 4 December, 11am - 12.30pm and Wednesday 27 December, 2pm - 3.30pm. Crime prevention advice with your local PCSO.
SEND Booklist Working Group
Tuesday 5 December, 10.30am - 11.30am.
What can the library service add to it's offer that would help you and your family to understand your neurodivergence, disability or medical diagnosis? Help shape the Special Educational Needs & Disability (SEND) library offer within our borough. Please come and share your recommendations. Tea and coffee provided. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Children's Games Clubs
Join us to play board games and do puzzles.
- Dedworth Library - Alternate Saturdays, 10.45am - 12.15pm.
Lego, Puzzles and Board Games
Whether you prefer to build and create with Lego, completing puzzles or playing board games, there's something for all the family.
Saturday 2 and 16 December, 6 and 20 January, 11am - 1pm.
Saturday 25 November, 9 and 23 December 2pm - 3.30pm.
Begin your coding journey using Scratch every Sunday 11.30am-12.30pm on:
3, 10 and 17 December
7, 14, 21 and 28 January
Suitable for 9 to 11 years.
Fun with Watercolours
Painting for fun club. Every second and fourth Thursday of the month, 10.30am - 12.30pm. No experience needed, all materials supplied. Donations accepted. To book, please visit Dedworth Library or phone 01753 868733.
Friends in Need Book Group
This book group will be running monthly at Maidenhead Library by Friends in Need. Friends in Need is a free support group and wellbeing community for people affected by stress, social isolation, depression and anxiety.
For more information, please contact Laura Nash at email@example.com or call 07944 896353.
Information, Advice and Support Service (IAS) surgery
The Information, Advice and Support Service (IAS) will be holding a surgery at Ascot Library on Wednesday 6 December. The service provides free, impartial and confidential information, advice and support to children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) up to age 25, and their parents/carers.
You can book a 15 minute slot with one of their advisors and have a cuppa with other parents and carers whilst you wait.
You do not need to be registered with IAS to attend. To book a slot, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pop-Up Poetry group at Maidenhead Library
The Pop-Up Poetry group meet in Maidenhead Library during the first week of every month.
Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Community Learning and Skills Service
In partnership with Slough Borough Council, staff will be based at Maidenhead Library every Tuesday 10am – 4pm.
Information about adult courses include:
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
- Digital Skills
- Health and Wellbeing
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Groups and Clubs at Windsor Library
- Knit and Natter. Interested in joining our new Knit and Natter group? Enjoy knitting, crochet and making new friends along the way.
- Games Club. Do you enjoy playing board games and cards? Would you like to meet up with other people with the same interests at the library?
- Puzzle Swap. We are setting up a new Puzzle Swap club. Bring your old puzzles (with all the pieces) and help yourself to one left by someone else.
To join one of these new groups or clubs and for more information contact us on 01753 743940 or email@example.com
Stories and Rhymes with Riyaz
Every other Saturday. 9 and 23 December, 10.30am - 11am. Drop in.
Every Thursday. 11.30am - midday.
- Maidenhead Library, Every Thursday, 10am - midday. Drop in.
- Dedworth Library, Every Thursday, 10am - midday. Drop in.
- Windsor Library, Accessibility morning and IT Support. To book, phone Windsor Library 01753 743940 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Knit and Natter
Do you love to knit or crochet, or maybe you are just a beginner?
Knit and Natter provides an opportunity to get together informally with like-minded people, have a good chat and do some knitting at the same time.
Pick up your needles and yarn and join one of our cheerful Knit and Natter group.
Our groups meet at:
- Ascot Library, every Thursday 10.30am - midday
- Boyn Grove Library, every Monday 2pm - 3.30pm
- Cookham Library, every Monday 2.30pm - 4.30pm
- Cox Green Library, every Wednesday 10.30am - 12.30pm
- Dedworth Library, every Thursday 10am - midday
- Maidenhead Library, every Wednesday 1.30pm - 4pm
- Windsor Library, every Thursday 3pm - 4.30pm
No need to book, just drop in.
No need to book just turn up and join in the fun. We look forward to sharing stories with you.
BookStart Storytime Session
- Boyn Grove Library: Fridays 4pm - 4.30pm. New Story and Rhyme Time.
- Maidenhead Library: Tuesdays 10.30am - 11am.
- Windsor Library: Thursdays 10.30am - 11am. Story time with crafts.
Weekly (term time only):
- Cox Green Library: Every Thursday 2.30pm - 3pm. Story and Rhyme Time.
- Dedworth Library: Every Tuesday 2.30pm - 3pm. Story and Rhyme Time.
- Windsor Library: Mondays 10.30am - 11am. Story and Rhyme Time.
- Maidenhead Library: Every other Saturday, 2.30pm - 3pm. Story and Rhyme Time.
- Sunningdale Library: Every other Saturday, 11am - midday. 2 December.
- Sunninghill Library: Every other Saturday, 11am - 11.30am. 9 December. Story Time.
Please also see our Employment Support Events page.