Valentine's Book Folding Craft for Adults
Make a love heart shaped design in this Valentine's day themed book folding craft for adults. £3 per person. Book via Eventbrite.
- Thursday 9 February. 2.30pm.
- Tuesday 7 February. 2.30pm.
- Friday 10 February. 3.30pm.
- Wednesday 8 February. 2.30pm.
Share the Love - Valentine's Themed Stories and Crafts
- Monday 13 February. 10.30am - 11.30am.
- Thursday 16 February. 10.30am - 11.30am.
Suitable for ages 4 to 9.
Writing Workshops with David Palin
Tuesday 21 February, 28 February, 7 March, 14 March. 7.15pm.
A series of four interactive workshops to start you on your writing journey from inspiration to publication. £4 per session. Book via Eventbrite.
Mexico Comes to Sunninghill Library
Thursday 16 March. 7pm.
A talk, Mexican supper and exhibition with Ian Jacobs and Karin Sartorius. £5 per person. Book via Eventbrite.
Exhibition also available to view from Monday 13 March - Saturday 18 March during library opening hours.
Fraud Prevention Advice
- Monday 6 February. 11.30am - 1pm.
- Wednesday 22 February. 2.30pm - 4pm.
Drop-in and meet our Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs), who will be offering fraud prevention advice.
Meet our Police Community Support Officers
Get advice how to make our communities safer.
- Monday 6 February 10am - 1pm.
- Monday 6 March 10am - 1pm.
Fun with Watercolours
Painting for fun club. Every second and fourth Thursday of the month, 10.30am - 12.30pm. No experience needed, all materials supplied. Donations accepted. To book, please visit Dedworth Library or phone 01753 868733.
Invent and Create with Lego
Saturday 11 February. 11am - 12.30pm.
Drop-in and have fun inventing your own Lego creations.
Exploring Islam with Professor Hugh Goddard
Thursday 23 February 7.30pm.
Join Professor Hugh Goddard on Zoom for a talk on Islam. Professor Goddard is Honorary Professorial Fellow in the Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Centre for the Study of Islam in the Contemporary World at the University of Edinburgh. £5 per person. Book via Eventbrite.
Friends in Need Book Group
A new book group will be running monthly at Maidenhead Library by Friends in Need. Friends in Need is a free support group and wellbeing community for people affected by stress, social isolation, depression and anxiety.
For more information, please contact Laura Nash at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07944 896353.
The next Café is on Saturday 11 February 10am - 3pm.
A repair café is a volunteer-run event where repair coaches assist visitors in carrying out repairs together with the idea to extend the use of things and avoid throwing stuff away.
Learn new skills, meet new people and create a habit of repairing and reusing things.
Pre-book a free ticket via Eventbrite.
Alternatively, email us on email@example.com.
Get more involved
We're always looking for volunteers to join us, if you'd like to get involved email Gabi on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pop-Up Poetry group at Maidenhead Library
The Pop-Up Poetry group meet in Maidenhead Library during the first week of every month.
The next meeting will be on 6 February from 2.15pm - 3.45pm. The theme will be Saint Valentine's Day.
Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Community Learning and Skills Service
In partnership with Slough Borough Council, staff will be based at Maidenhead Library every Tuesday 10am – 4pm and Wednesday 1pm – 4pm.
Information about adult courses include:
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
- Digital Skills
- Health and Wellbeing
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
New Groups and Clubs at Windsor Library
- Knit and Natter. Interested in joining our new Knit and Natter group? Enjoy knitting, crochet and making new friends along the way.
- Games Club. Do you enjoy playing board games and cards? Would you like to meet up with other people with the same interests at the library?
- Puzzle Swap. We are setting up a new Puzzle Swap club. Bring your old puzzles (with all the pieces) and help yourself to one left by someone else.
To join one of these new groups or clubs and for more information contact us on 01753 743940 or email@example.com
Every Thursday 11.30am - midday at Maidenhead Library
Rhymetime with Riyaz
Every other Saturday 10.30am -11am at Maidenhead Library.
- Maidenhead Library, Accessibility morning and IT Support, Thursdays 9.30am - 11.30am. Drop in.
- Dedworth Library, every Thursday 10am-midday and every Saturday 10.30am - midday. Drop in.
- Eton Wick Library, every Thursday 3pm-6pm. Drop in.
- Windsor Library, Accessibility morning and IT Support, Wednesdays midday - 1pm. Appointment only. To book, phone Windsor Library 01753 743940 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Knit and Natter
Do you love to knit or crochet, or maybe you are just a beginner?
Knit and Natter provides an opportunity to get together informally with like-minded people, have a good chat and do some knitting at the same time.
Pick up your needles and yarn and join one of our cheerful Knit and Natter group.
Our groups meet at:
- Ascot Library, every Thursday 10.30am - midday
- Boyn Grove Library, every Monday 2pm - 3.30pm
- Cookham Library, every Monday 2.30pm - 4.30pm
- Cox Green Library, every Wednesday 10.30am - 11.30am
- Dedworth Library, every Thursday 10am - midday
- Eton Wick Library, every Thursday 2.30pm - 4pm
- Maidenhead Library, every Wednesday 1.30pm - 4pm
No need to book, just drop in.
No need to book just turn up and join in the fun. We look forward to sharing stories with you.
- Boyn Grove Library: Fridays 4pm - 4.30pm. New Story and Rhyme Time.
- Maidenhead Library: Tuesdays 10.30am - 11am.
- Windsor Library: Thursdays 10.30am - 11am.
Weekly (term time only):
- Datchet Library: Thursdays 2.30pm - 3pm.
- Dedworth Library: Every Tuesday 2:30pm - 3pm. Story and Rhyme Time.
- Windsor Library: Mondays 10:30am-11am. Story and Rhyme Time.
- Cox Green Library: Every other Thursday, 2.15pm - 2.45pm. Story and Rhyme Time. 2 February.
- Eton Wick Library: Every other Friday, 10.30am - 11.30am. 3 February, 17 February. Story and Rhyme Time.
- Horton Pop-Up Library: Monday 27 February, 20 March, 24 April, 15 May, 12 June and 3 July. 11am - 11.30am. New Storytime.
Please also see our Employment Support Events page.