If you are not already a library member, you can join online. Once you've completed the registration form, you will be given a temporary library card number, which you will be able to use to access all of our online resource.
We will post out physical library cards to you if you live in the borough, or you will be able collect them from a library if you live outside the borough.
Borrowing and downloading items
To activate your card, sign it and read the library terms and conditions.
- You can borrow up to 30 items and also download up to 10 audiobooks and ebooks.
- You can also download an unlimited number of eNewspapers, eMagazines and eComics and stream up to 10 documentaries and films a month.
- If it's more convenient, you can return items to a different borough library.
- We encourage you to bring your membership card when using the library; however, items can be issued if you show proof of your identity/address. There is a charge to replace membership cards.
- You will need your membership card to use library computers and self service kiosks.
- Show your advantage card and we'll update your record; automatic discounts apply when you borrow certain items or use computers.