Filming in the borough
The Royal Borough is keen to develop and promote a film friendly environment. We have established a film partnership through which all identified parties have signed up to a shared code of practice aimed at:
- promoting the borough as a 'film friendly' ideal location for filmmakers; coordinating film location activity;
- ensuring film activity is carried out safely and with the minimum disruption to local residents and businesses;
- providing location managers and filmmakers with one-stop initial contact service to make their lives easier;
- enabling information sharing across all partners; creating additional income for the borough and its partners;
- supporting the local economy and attracting visitors to the Royal Borough.
A code of practice has been developed that enables the borough to be promoted as 'film friendly' and encourage filming in the area, while ensuring there are strict procedures to protect amenities and quality of life for local residents and businesses.
If you would like to film in and around the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead, please read our frequently asked questions before completing our online filming request form below.
We are proud to be a member of the Filming in England Partnership working with Creative England’s Production Services team, welcoming filming to the borough, ensuring cooperation and commitment to assist Film and TV drama productions.
If you would like to discuss locations in the borough, or need more specialist advice on filming in the area please email us at email@example.com.
Working closely with our neighbours, we are partners with the Berkshire Film Office. You can find out more at the Berkshire Film Office website.
If you’re in search of crew or a facility please visit Creative England’s Crew and Facilities database.