Following the success of last years scheme, phase two of the Solar Together scheme is available in the Royal Borough to help residents generate their own renewable energy, cut their carbon footprint and save money on their energy bills.
Solar Together, being run in partnership with independent experts iChoosr, is a group purchasing scheme for solar panels helping make the transition to clean energy for residents and businesses as cost-effective and hassle-free as possible.
It’s free to register and there’s no obligation to go ahead with an installation.
Pre-vetted installers bid in a reverse 'auction' to install solar panels. The process should provide residents confidence that they are paying a competitive price for a high-quality installation.
The 2023 scheme application period is now closed.
Please register your interest for a future scheme.
We suggest applications are submitted as soon as possible because the application deadline could close early if the scheme is at risk of oversubscription.
Businesses are also able to participate in the scheme. The business should be the owner of their roof, or have approval of the owner.
The Solar Together scheme also offers optional battery storage and electric vehicle charging points alongside new solar panel installation or for retrofit alongside an existing solar panel installation.
How does it work?
- Registration: You can register from Monday 5 June 2023 for free and without obligation on the RBWM Solar Together page. To register, you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
- Auction: An ‘auction’ will be held late June 2023, where the pre-vetted solar installers will submit bids for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household. The installer with the most competitive package will win the auction.
- Personal recommendation: Each applicant will be emailed a personal recommendation based on the registration details. This includes your costs and specifications of your system.
- You decide: The decision is then yours, whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. You will have approximately six weeks to decide and will be invited to an online video meeting with iChoosr, and the installer, to hear more about the scheme and to ask any questions.
- Installation: If you accept, the winning installer will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed within six months from the date of the acceptance of the last installation offer.
For more information and to register, visit the RBWM Solar Together page.
Telephone and email support are available from iChoosr throughout the whole process.
For enquiries, please see the FAQ's page or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 056 8667 (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm).