Self contained annex

You may be entitled to a council tax reduction if you meet the criteria below.

A property which is self contained but forms part of another dwelling (eg.annex) and is occupied by a dependant relative of a person who is resident in the main dwelling. 

A  dependant relative is:

  • A person aged 65 years or more,
  • A person who is severely mentally impaired, this would be determined by your doctor,
  • A person who is substantially and permanently disabled.