Who we are
Licensing section of The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
St Ives Road
Maidenhead SL6 1RF
Lawful basis for processing the information
The lawful basis for processing information includes: legal obligation, special category data, criminal offence data, special public task and legitimate interests.
The major pieces of legislation enforced are as follows:
- The Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976.
- The Town Police Clauses 1847.
- Road Traffic Act 1988.
- Immigration Act 2016.
- Motor Vehicle (Construction and Use ) Regulation 1987.
- Limitation Act 1980 (Section 2)
- And any modification or re-enactment thereof.
General Data Protection Regulation Article 6(1)(a) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
How we collect information from you
Personal data is supplied by you, as the applicant, completing one or more of the
- Application for Grant or Renewal of Private Hire Vehicle Licence.
- Application for Grant or Renewal of a Private Hire Operator Licence.
- Application for Grant or Renewal of Hackney Carriage Vehicle Licence.
- Application for Grant or Renewal of Hackney Carriage, Private or Combine Badge.
- Certificate of Fitness to drive a Hackney Carriage, Private Hire Vehicle or Combined Driver Licence.
- Data Protection Mandate (IDS).
- Declaration – Immigration Visa Status Personal data and documentation supplied for applying for a Disclosure Barring Services (DBS) will not be recorded or disclosed to any third parties.
Categories of information collected
Licensing section of the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead is statutorily required to collect and hold forename, surname, place of birth, National Insurance, Number, telephone, private hire operator, declaration of convictions, offences, driving licence number, current address, date entered the UK, certificate of good conduct (embassy), passport details, vehicle registration, MOT certificate, vehicle V5, vehicle insurance, nationality and medical assessment.
Other types of personal information collected and held to process your application are email and mobile.
How we use the information provided
All information provided is used by the Licensing section of the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead to process your application taken into consideration the legislation described above.
We may share your personal information where we are required by law or in connection with any legal proceedings.
Who has access to the information about you
Licensing section of the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead store your personal data securely. We have in place security policies which are intended to ensure, as far as possible, the security and integrity of all personally identifiable information.
Your data is stored securely by our software providers, Serengeti System – 6 Hillside Road, Bury, St Edmunds, IP32 7EA, and IDOX ( LALPAC and Uniform)1310 Waterside Arlington Business Park RG7 4SA. The personal data will be accessed only by administrators and licensing team members of Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead by using their own username and password all chosen in line with pre-defined user credentials.
Any paper documentation received is stored securely on site or at Iron Mountain Secure Storage Company,3rd Floor, Cottons Centre, Hays Lane, London, SE1 2TT and accessed by iron mountain authorised employees and licensing section of the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
Who we may share your information with
Licensing section of the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead do not share personal information with any other parties, except where required by law and with parties required to carry out its statutory duties and functions.
- National Fraud Initiative (NFI) – it is not a regular exercise, the data is normally requested every another year. This exercise matches electronic data within and between public and private sector bodies to prevent and detect fraud.
- HMRC – It is an annual exercise that matches electronic data within and between public and private sector to prevent and detect fraud.
How long we store your information
Any personal data will be held by licensing section of Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead for 7 years from the date that the licence/permit expires.
In some circumstances, we will have to hold your details for a longer period.
Does your service utilise automated decision making? – No