Getting married/Forming a civil partnership?
Here are some simple steps to getting married or forming your civil partnership in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead and the order in which to take them.
- Find the person you wish to marry/form a civil partnership with – we can’t help you with this one!
- Decide where you would like your wedding/get married/form your civil partnership. If you intend to have your ceremony at the Maidenhead Ceremony Room in the Town Hall in Maidenhead, please move straight to point no 3. If you intend to have your ceremony at any other venue, including the Guildhall in Windsor, please contact the venue directly to make a provisional booking for your chosen date and time, before you contact us.
- Book the registrars to attend your wedding using our Ceremony online booking form below. Also See our ceremony fees page for latest prices.
- Give legal notice of your intent to marry to the registrars in the area in which you live. You must do this at the register office for the district in which you live. Please remember you will need an appointment to do this. This must be done a minimum of one month in advance of your ceremony. If one of you is a non UK/Irish citizen or an EU Citizen without Settled or Pre-Settled status, please consult the gov.uk website for full details.
- Fill in and return your ceremony checklist – sent to you with your confirmation pack.
- Marry the person in number 1! We can certainly help with this. Have a wonderful day!
Please take a look at our brochure (Windsor.GOV) for more information about our ceremonies, including some frequently asked questions. We have also shared with you a selection of our team’s favourite readings, in case you are looking for some inspiration. And of course, please do always contact us if you need any further information – we would be delighted to help!
New wedding/ceremony bookings
We are taking bookings for ceremonies up to the end of March 2025.
To book a registrar for a marriage or civil partnership at an approved venue, including the Guildhall, please make sure you have reserved the date with your venue before completing the form below. Ceremony times at approved venues can be booked on the hour, or on the half hour.
However, if you wish to book the Maidenhead Ceremony Room for a marriage or civil partnership, the ceremony room will be booked as well as the registrars when your form is processed.
Ceremonies at the Maidenhead Ceremony Room take place at fixed times as follows:
- Monday- Friday 10.30am, 11.30am, 2.30pm and 3.30pm,
- Saturday 10am, 11am, 12pm.
- Weekdays after 3.30pm, Saturday afternoons and Sundays – available by individual request and enhanced fees.
When we receive your form, we will:
- check availability,
- call you to confirm, and
- take full payment by debit/credit card over the phone.
Please ensure that you are available to take calls on the telephone number you supply and have credit/debit card details to hand for payment. If we are unable to reach you, we will ask you to resubmit your form.
You can postpone your existing ceremony booking with us for up to one year from the date of the original ceremony. If you have a new date arranged with your venue, please email us on email@example.com and we can confirm the re-booking. We will reply as soon as possible.
Please notify us as soon as possible if you are postponing your current date, even if you don’t have a new one yet, and let us know of any intended changes as soon as you can.
Giving Notice of Marriage/Civil Partnership
Please see our dedicated page for details of how to book your Notice of Marriage/Civil Partnership, along with information on the legal requirements and what documentation to bring.