Please read through the steps below before applying for a hoarding licence.
Applications in all cases should be submitted at least 10 working days before the licence is required.
You are required to submit:
- A minimum Public liability of Insurance document of £5, 000,000,
- A site location plan,
- A road space booking and road closure (subject to required Traffic Management) in addition to applying for this licence.
- The erection of hoarding shall be in accordance with the Construction (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations Act 1996.
- The public shall be excluded from the work area during erection and dismantling of the hoarding / scaffolding.
- Prior to submitting an application the applicant will liaise with all neighbouring properties/businesses of the location of the hoarding to ensure the owners/occupiers are aware of the anticipated works.
In the event that the licensee fails to comply with any of the conditions of this licence a fine of £80 will be issued to the licensee obtaining this licence. If required, the council also has the right to remove the hoarding and recover the expense of doing so.
Further guidance and conditions will need to be agreed to prior to applying, these can be seen when applying for a licence.