Report a problem with traffic lights

We are responsible for maintaining most permanent traffic lights including signal controlled pedestrian crossings. 

National Highways is responsible for maintaining traffic lights at junctions and on slip-roads on the motorway and trunk road network, including:

  • M4
  • M25
  • A308(M)
  • A404(M)
  • A404

Network Rail is responsible for all traffic lights at level crossings and on railway property (eg. Silco Drive).

Temporary traffic lights are used to control traffic at roadworks and are the responsibility of the contractor carrying out the work. Signs must be displayed on site with the contractors name and contact details. Alternatively you can report the fault to us and we will pass it on to the relevant contractor.

Responsibility for maintenance of private roads and private streets lies with the road owners or residents.

To report a problem with traffic lights, you will need to tell us:

  • The location of the problem,
  • What the problem is,
  • Your contact details if you want to be updated on progress,
  • Upload a photo if you have one.

If you would like to access your report case after submission you will need to sign in or sign up to an account before you start the form.