Carer and support visitor permits are available to anyone living in a resident permit area who is:
- Registered disabled,
- Over 75 years of age,
- Of state pensionable age, but under 75 years of age, and dependant on a person making frequent calls (provided that the resident or partner is not a car owner).
- There are no Resident Permits issued at the address.
Residents may be allowed up to two permits provided that they have no off-street parking i.e. garage, hard-standing or driveway.
- The permit does not guarantee a space and individual parking spaces cannot be allocated,
- The permit allows parking in the residents permit parking areas near to the residents property. It must be displayed at all times whilst parked in the residents parking area and it is only valid for the duration of the visit to the resident,
- The permit is not designed to visit other areas or to go shopping,
- The council will need to be informed of any changes to the vehicle.
All applications must be completed by the resident who requires the permit.
You will need to provide:
- Proof of residency - i.e. council tax bill, recent utility bill,
- Evidence of age and / or disability e.g. a letter from the Department of Social Security (DSS).