You can apply for a disabled parking bay to be provided near to your home. There is no charge for this.
To qualify you must meet the following conditions:
- You must hold a recognised blue badge and live near the proposed location,
- You must have a permanent and substantial disability that makes walking short distances difficult or impossible,
- The vehicle used is registered to the blue badge holder's address and kept at that address,
- There is no access to off-street parking such as a driveway or garage,
- There must be a safe and suitable location on the public highway,
- There are parking problems on the road which prevent you parking in a convenient location,
- Other mobility problems or factors may be considered at the discretion of the council.
- We are unable to provide a disabled parking bay for the use of relatives or carers,
- A disabled bay maybe Badge Number specific, the signage will have to be updated every three years or on change of badge.
When applying you will need:
- Your blue badge serial number (first six digits only) and expiry date,
- Your vehicle registration number, and
- Your Doctors name and surgery address.
After you apply
We will visit the location to assess the suitability for a disabled parking bay.
The time from your application to having a bay marked out can be up to six months.
As with any other parking restriction, we are required to consult with the Ward Councillors on the introduction of any disabled parking bay.
Any objections will be considered as part of the application.