Electric vehicle charge points
Details of public charging points available in the borough and across the UK are available online and via various smart phone apps for iOS and Android devices (e.g. ZapMap ). These include information on the following:
- Charging point operator.
- The location(s) of the charging points.
- Access controls.
- Payment mechanisms.
- Current electricity tariffs.
- Whether parking charges apply.
- Real-time charging point status.
- Charging rate.
- Charging point connections.
Public charge points are available at the following locations in the borough:
- Braywick Park car park - 2 x 7kW Type 2 (Pod Point).
- Hines Meadow car park - 2 x 7kW Type 2 (Polar).
- Alma Road - 2 x 7kW Type 2 (Connected Kerb).
- Park Street - 3 x 5kW Type 2 (Ubitricity).
- Tesco Superstore, Dedworth Road - 4 x 7kW Type 2 (Pod Point).
- Windsor Lawn Tennis Club - 1 x 50kW CCS / 50kW CHAdeMO / 43kW Type 2 (Polar).
- York House car park - 2 x 7kW Type 2 (Pod Point).
- When using charging points in council car parks, users must pay for parking and display a valid ticket or season ticket for that car park - details can be found on each car park page.
- Parking restrictions apply at some on-street charging points and some locations may not be accessible without a valid resident or business permit. Select the Parking Restrictions layer on the Neighbourhood Map for details.
- To report an issue with a charging point please contact the charging point provider directly.
Request an on-street electric vehicle charging point
To help us identify the best locations for on-street charging points, we have designed a short survey to collect requests from residents who already have an electric vehicle or who are considering getting one in the near future.
We have submitted a funding bid to the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) and further charging points will be installed early in 2020.
Electric Vehicle pay and display parking permit
The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead is offering a free permit to residents owning fully electric vehicles. The permit will allow free parking in Royal Borough pay and display parking bays within car parks. Apply for an Electric Vehicle pay and display parking permit.