Each school has a Governing Body, made up of people like you, making important decisions about how the school is run, to help provide the best possible education for pupils.
Being a governor is an opportunity for the local community to be involved in supporting children's education.
We have 66 schools served by a total of almost 1000 governors.
A number of vacancies exist, particularly for co-opted governors and Local Authority governors.
If you are interested in volunteering to be a governor, please see the Becoming a School Governor webpage.
- National Governors' Association http://www.nga.org.uk/
- Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) www.qca.org.uk/
- Advisory Centre for Education (ACE) www.ace-ed.org.uk/
- Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted) www.ofsted.gov.uk/
- Information for School and College Governors (ISCG) http://www.governors.uk.com/
- National Foundation for Educational Research (NFER) www.nfer.ac.uk/