Neighbour disputes

Building regulations cannot be used to resolve issues around:

  • boundary disputes,
  • damaged caused to a property by building work,
  • access issues for maintenance,
  • the party wall act.

These issues are covered by Civil Law.

For free advice consult Citizens Advice or seek legal advice.

Building Control Service : Contact details

Contacting the building control team

Where available, please provide the following information when contacting us:

- Location of site.
- Contact telephone number.
- Application number.
- The type of inspection required together with preferred date and any detail of booked concrete etc.

For further information, please contact us by:

Building Control Service - Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
St Ives Road
Maidenhead SL6 1RF
Telephone: 01628 796915