Private Tenants - Housing conditions

The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead provide a service for tenants who privately rent their home within the borough. We have the legal powers to ensure that your landlord carries out certain repairs within your property.

Before making a complaint to Residential Services you should always contact your landlord/letting agent.

You may want to do this by phone if it’s an urgent problem, e.g. if your heating system breaks down or you have no hot water. You may also raise your concerns in writing. 

We also suggest that you advise your landlord that you will be contacting the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Environmental Health Residential Services team. Your landlord should be given a reasonable period time to make arrangements to carry out any repairs that may be required.

If you do not receive a response or the response does not set out what the landlord/letting agent intends to do to remedy the problem. Then you should contact the Residential Services to make a complaint. 

Please click on the link below and complete the form. One of our officers will contact you to assist you with your complaint. 

To find out about your rights and responsibilities as a landlord and tenants please click on the link Landlord and tenant rights and responsibilities in the private rented sector.