Temporary accommodation may be offered to Royal Borough residents if they meet the Homelessness criteria and if we can't prevent you from becoming homeless. This will be offered while we continue to look into other housing options with you.
We always endeavour to accommodate households within the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead, but it is not always possible to find suitable and affordable accommodation. This means our accommodation can be located outside of the borough.
Housing needs assessment
We will carry out a thorough housing needs assessment before offering temporary accommodation, to ensure it is suitable for your personal circumstances and needs.
We will provide temporary accommodation based on your assessed housing need and availability, you may be offered accommodation in one of the following:
- bed and breakfast (B&B) - this often has shared kitchen and bathroom facilities
- hotels / hostels - a room in the hostel, some hotels have shared bathroom facilities
- leased accommodation - self-contained accommodation (owned by private landlords, but let to the council on a temporary basis)
- self-contained accommodation provided by a registered social housing provider.
Housing accommodation charges
You can pay your housing accommodation charges with a credit or debit card:
- online using the link below, or
- by phone by calling 01628 683224.
Falling behind on payments could put your accommodation at risk. If you think you are at risk of getting into arrears or you are already in arrears, help is available, please contact the team between Monday to Friday, 9m-5pm on the following:
- The Housing Accommodation Team on 01628 683224, or
- email them at email@example.com