We work in partnership with housing associations to provide a shared ownership scheme, which is a means:
- Providing access to homes for people who are unable to afford the cost of buying a property outright.
- The buyer can purchase a share in a property of between 25 and 75 percent of the value and pay an affordable rent on the part not purchased.
To qualify for the scheme, applicants need to have:
- Been either living or permanently employed in a full time position in the borough for the last six months.
- Sufficient funds for a deposit and legal costs when purchasing a home.
For more information, or to apply for a shared ownership home go to the Help to Buy South website.
Rent to Buy
Rent to Buy is designed to ease the transition from renting to buying a home by providing subsidised rent:
- you rent a newly built home at approximately 20% below the market rate for up to five years.
- during that time you have the option to buy the property, or part of the property under a shared ownership scheme
Help to Buy South are the agent for Windsor and Maidenhead, and can provide advice about the different options available to help you purchase or rent a home that is affordable for you. For more information, go to the Help to Buy South website or phone 0800 456 11 88.