Our contractor, SDK Environmental, provides a 24/7 service for stray dogs.
To arrange the collection of a confined (on a lead) dog - Call 03444 828 320 (Operational seven days a week, available 24 hours a day).
Lost Dogs - Visit www.lostdogsuk.co.uk
Supplementary Dedicated Lost Dog Claim Line: 03444 828 300. (Operational seven days a week, 8.30am to 5pm) This number is reserved for dog owners who have identified their dog on the Lost Dogs web site and wish to arrange its return.
Charges are payable before dogs are returned. Fees vary depending on when a dog was collected, how long it has been kennelled for and if any vet fees have been incurred. Dogs are sent for rehoming after seven days if they are not claimed.
Dangerous dogs, such as those that have bitten someone, should be reported to Thames Valley Police on 101.
Service and fees (2023)
- Statutory fine for dog found unaccompanied: £25
- Return fee (if the dog is microchipped and the owner can be contacted within 1 hour of the dog being collected within normal office hours): £45 *plus statutory fee
- Collection of dogs by the warden service during normal office hours (mon-fri, 9am to 5pm): £55
- Collection of dogs by the warden outside normal office hours, including weekends and bank holidays: £95
- Dog kept at kennelling facility (for a maximum period of 7 days): £30 per day.
- Veterinary fees, where required: Variable.