You may be entitled to a council tax reduction if you meet the criteria below.
A school leaver is:
- Under 20 years old, and
- At school or in further education (which means courses up to A Level or BTEC ONC / OND standard).
The school or college course must fulfil all the following conditions:
- Lasting more than three months,
- Involving more than 12 hours a week tuition or supervised study. Normally carried out between 8am and 5.30pm,
- Not a correspondence course, and
- Not related to the person’s employment (e.g. day release).
Where an 18 or 19-year-old leaves school or college after 30 April, the discount disregard can be claimed up to 1 November of that year.
Please provide entitlement letter/bank statements as proof child benefit is being paid.