Who we are
Licensing section of The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
St Ives Road
Maidenhead SL6 1RF
Lawful basis for processing the information
The major pieces of legislation enforced are as follows:
Licensing Act 2003
Immigration Act 1971
Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006
Limitation Act 1980 (Section 2)
And any modification or re-enactment thereof.
General Data Protection Regulation Article 6(1)(a) processing is necessary for the
performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official
authority vested in the controller.
General Data Protection Regulation Article 6(1b) processing is necessary for the
purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party
except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights
and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in
particular where the data subject is a child.
How we collect information
Personal data is supplied by you, as the applicant, completing one or more of the following forms:
- Application for a premises licence to be granted.
- Application for a minor variation to a premises licence.
- Application to vary a premises licence.
- Application to transfer premises licence.
- Application for premises licence.
- Application to vary a premises licence to specify an individual as designated
- premises supervisor.
- Application for a provisional statement.
- Premises licence – Notification of change of name or address.
- Surrender of premises licence.
- Form of consent given by the person who holds the existing licence.
- Premises licence – request for a replacement copy.
- Application for a club premises certificate.
- Application to vary a club premises certificate.
- Declaration for a club premises certificate.
- Application for a personal licence.
- Notification of change in address and/or name of personal licence holder.
- Replacement copy of personal licence.
- Notification to cease being the Designated Premises Supervisor.
- Notification of an interest in premises.
- Interim Authority Notice.
- Temporary Event Notice.
Personal data and documentation supplied for applying for a Disclosure Barring Services (DBS) will not be recorded or disclosed to any third parties.
Categories of information collected from you
Licensing section of the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead is statutorily required to collect and hold forename, surname, place of birth, telephone, declaration of convictions, offences, consent forms, current address, date entered the UK, passport details, premises licence number, personal licence number and nationality.
Other types of personal information collected and held to process your application are email and mobile.
How we use the information provided
All information provided is used by the Licensing section of the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead to process your application taken into consideration the legislation described above.
We may share your personal information where we are required by law or in connection with any legal proceedings.
Who has access to the information about you
Licensing section of the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead store your personal data securely. We have in place security policies which are intended to ensure, as far as possible, the security and integrity of all personally identifiable information.
Your data is stored securely by our software providers, Serengeti System – 6 Hillside
Road, Bury, St Edmunds, IP32 7EA, and IDOX ( LALPAC and Uniform)1310 Waterside Arlington Business Park RG7 4SA.
The personal data will be accessed only by administrators and licensing team members of Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead by using their own username and password all chosen in line with pre-defined user credentials.
Any paper documentation received is stored securely on site or at Iron Mountain Secure Storage Company, 3rd Floor, Cottons Centre, Hays Lane, London, SE1 2TT and accessed by iron mountain authorised employees and licensing section of the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
Who we may share your information with
Licensing section of the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead not share personal information with any other parties, except where required and with parties required to carry out its statutory duties and functions or where required by law.
- National Fraud Initiative (NFI) – it is not a regular exercise, the data is normally requested every another year. This exercise matches electronic data within and between public and private sector bodies to prevent and detect fraud.
- HMRC – It is an annual exercise that matches electronic data within and between public and private sector to prevent and detect fraud.
How long we store your information
Personal data will be held by Licensing section of Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead no longer than 7 years from the date that the licence/permit expires.
Does your service utilise automated decision making? – No