Once you are elected the Council provides a wide range of support to help you quickly become informed and effective, and then help you to continually develop your skills and knowledge throughout your time as a councillor.
Here is an overview of what we offer to support you:
- Training in digital skills.
- Trouble shooting your ICT issues.
- Access to a specialist app so you can download, view and annotate meeting papers.
- Provide emails and briefings from service areas on emerging issues.
- Provide any specialist support you need to deliver your role on certain committees.
- Signpost you to resolve your queries.
- Publish regular newsletters providing updates, information, guidance and details of events.
- Help you to identify what training you need.
- Deliver a councillor development programme which responds to strategic issues, changes to legislation and individual skill requirements.
Democratic Services will help you:
- with allowances, register of interest, hospitality and declarations;
- show you how to organise meetings or book meeting rooms;
- with practical things such as expenses and parking.