Individual electoral registration

Table of Contents

There are two types of form used for the voter registration process. 

  • Household Enquiry Form (HEF) - which is now named Canvass Communication A (CCA), Canvass Communication B (CCB) or Canvas Form (CF) - These forms are for data-collection and the names of all residents at the address who are eligible to register to vote should be supplied on the form that your property receives. Every property in the Borough receives one of these forms in the autumn of each year as part of the voter registration annual audit exercise. Residents are required to check the information printed on these forms and respond if the electoral registration details for their property need to be updated before the revised electoral register is published in December. 
  • Invitation to Register (ITR) - This form is the voter registration application form which should be completed by all residents who need to register to vote. Applicants need to provide their date of birth and national insurance number as part of the process in order for their identity to be verified before being added to the electoral register. Applicants can now register to vote online directly at

Electoral services : Contact details

For more information, please contact us by:

Electoral Services - Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
Town Hall, St Ives Road
Maidenhead SL6 1RF
Telephone: 01628 683868