The Royal Borough has 41 Councillors representing the parties detailed in the table below. Borough council elections are held every four years. Find your Councillor.
From the 2019 borough elections, the number of councillors was reduced from 57 to 41 following a periodic electoral review.
|Conservative||7||22 (23)||47 (54)||46(51)||37(36)|
|Liberal Democrats||22||10 (9)||1||3(1)||15(16)|
|Independent||0||1 (0)||3 (0)||2(1)||1(0)|
|Old Windsor Residents' Association||2||2||2||1||1(2)|
|West Windsor Residents' Association||2||2 (3)||1 (0)||3||3|
|the Borough first independents*||7||3||3 (0)||0||0|
|National Flood Prevention Party||1||1||0||0||0|
The 2007, 2011 and 2015 Borough election figures are in brackets. Since the 2007 elections:
- In July 2010 Councillor Hendry joined the Conservative Group from the Liberal Democrat Group.
- In December 2010 Councillor Wiles left the Old Windsor Residents' and Ratepayers Association Group to become Independent.
- The Conservatives retained the Park Ward seat following a by-election held on 6 January 2011.
- The Liberal Democrats won the Eton and Castle Ward seat (vacated by Conservatives) following a by-election held on 11 August 2011.
- In March 2012 Councillors Catherine and Tom Bursnall left the Conservative Group to become UKIP members.
- The Liberal Democrats won the Pinkneys Green Ward seat (vacated by Conservatives) following a by-election held on 25 October 2012.
- In August 2014 Councillor Lawless resigned from the Conservative Group and became an Independent.
- In October 2014 Councillor Mellins resigned as a Councillor.
- In December 2014 Councillor Ross Charles McWilliams won the Cox Green by-election for the Conservatives.
- In February 2016 Councillor Andrew Jenner resigned as a Councillor.
- In March 2016 Councillor Judith Ann Diment won the Maidenhead Riverside by-election for the Conservatives.
- In May 2016 Councillor George Bathurst resigned as a Councillor.
- In June 2016 Councillor Julian Sharpe won the Sunninghill and South Ascot by-election for the Conservatives.
- In March 2017 Councillor John Collins (Conservative) resigned as a Councillor.
- In May 2017 Councillor Wisdom Da Costa (Independent) won the Clewer North by-election.
- In June 2017 Councillors Charles Hollingsworth and Claire Stretton resigned from the Conservative Group and became Independents.
- In January 2018 Councillors Paul Brimacombe, Asghar Majeed and Geoff Hill resigned from the Conservative Group, but remained members of the Maidenhead Conservative Association.
- In September 2018 Councillors Stretton and Hollingsworth joined 'the Borough first' party.
- In October 2018 Councillor Grey (Conservative, Datchet) passed away.
- In November 2018 Councillor Brimacombe became an Independent.
- In November 2018 Councillor David Cannon (Conservative) won the Datchet by-election.
- In December 2018 Councillors Hill and Majeed became Independents.
- In January 2019 Councillor Hill joined 'the Borough first' party
- In January 2019 Councillor Sharma left the Conservative Group and became an Independent.
- In February 2019 Councillor Da Costa joined the West Windsor Residents Association
- In September 2019 Councillor Dudley (Conservative, Riverside) resigned as a Councillor
- In October 2019 Councillor Gregory Jones (Conservative) won the Riverside by-election.
- In June 2020 Councillor Singh left the Conservative Group and joined the Liberal Democrat Group.
- In April 2021 Councillor W. Da Costa left the Local Independents group.
- In February 2022 Councillor Davey advised the West Windsor Residents Association was no longer registered as a political party.
- *In February 2022 the name 'the Borough first' was amended to 'the Borough first independents'
- In September 2022 Councillor C. Da Costa left the Local Independents group.
- In March 2023 Councillor Baldwin resigned. No election called as the main elections were within 6 months.
- In November 2023 Councillor Buckley resigned as Chair of the Borough first Independents. Councillor Hill was elected as the new Chair at a members meeting.