Elaine Browne - Monitoring Officer and Deputy Director of Law and Governance
The Monitoring Officer is a statutory appointment under Section 5 of the Local Government and Housing Act 1989. The Monitoring Officer cannot be the Chief Finance Officer or the Head of Paid Service.
The Monitoring Officer’s roles are set out in Part 5A, para. 7.2 of our Constitution. More particular roles can also be found in the following sections:
- Monitoring and reviewing the council’s constitution: See Part 5A, para 7.2a.
- Dealing with member code of conduct complaints: See Part 7A. Information on the Members code of conduct, and decisions made.
- If you want to make a complaint about a councillors' behaviour or code of conduct, please see our make a complaint webpage.
- Maintaining and publishing the members’ register of interests: See Part 7A, Appendix A.
- Ensuring lawfulness and fairness in decision making: See Part 5A, para. 7.2b.
The Monitoring Officer is Elaine Browne, the Council's Deputy Director of Law & Governance.
The Deputy Monitoring Officers are Helena Stevenson and Jane Cryer, the Council's Principal Lawyers.
Further information may be found by writing to:
The Monitoring Officer
c/o Democratic Services
Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
St Ives Road
Alternatively, information can be obtained by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.