Duncan Sharkey - Chief Executive
Responsible for the overall management of the council and lead responsibility for these areas:
- Head of paid service
- Corporate leadership team
- Member advice
- Law and Governance
- Strategy and policy direction
- Health integration
Key tasks include:
- Lead the council in a manner that builds ownership and commitment, connects strategies to action, provides clear accountability, manages performance and delivers results.
- Provide leadership and management of the council, in collaboration with relevant parties, to ensure the council’s vision and annual priorities are realised.
- Actively pursue the engagement of residents and service users in service design, delivery, monitoring and evaluation.
- Use evidence based practice to transform services securing significant and sustained improvements for residents.
- Lead on joint arrangements with external agencies on strategic planning of joint initiatives.