Ukraine Crisis

Table of Contents

Decorative image only

RBWM Ukraine crisis donations

If you would like to make a financial donation, please use the donate link below.

Donate now

In the Royal Borough, we stand together with the people of Ukraine, whose lives are being so brutally affected by this terrible war. We know there are many compassionate people within our community who will be both willing and able to provide suitable accommodation, whether that be a spare room in your own home or an unoccupied self-contained residential unit.

As a council, we are working with national and local partners to ensure comprehensive support is in place for local sponsors and the Ukrainian refugees they’ll be welcoming to the Royal Borough.

The following information may be of assistance:

Homes for Ukraine scheme

The Government has opened the visa application process for its ‘Homes for Ukraine’ refugee support scheme, which allows residents, charities, community groups and businesses to request to sponsor and offer accommodation to a named Ukrainian individual or family seeking safe refuge in the UK.

If you know a refugee individual or family you wish to sponsor, and are able to provide suitable accommodation for at least six months, then please visit the Government website for more information about ‘Homes for Ukraine’ and to apply. 

If you need help to get family to the UK from Ukraine

To find information about the Ukrainian Family Scheme Visa, see the Home Office website, or call the Home Office Helpline: 0808 164 8810. Calls are free.

The Ukrainian Advice Project offers free immigration and asylum advice to those fleeing Ukraine.

If you need help to extend your visa

Find information from the Home Office about claiming asylum in the UK,

For those with existing visas/leave to remain in the UK requiring further advice, call the Home Office helpline on 0808 164 8810.  Calls are free.

Biometric Residence Permits

A Biometric Residence Permit is an official card that can be used to confirm your identity, right to study and right to any public services or benefits you’re entitled to. For more information and to apply visit: GOV.UK Immigration service website

How you can help Ukraine

The Disasters Emergency Committee has urged people to donate money rather than goods if they can to help those affected by the conflict. The following are considered reputable charities:

Disasters Emergency Committee has launched a Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal to support DEC charities and their local partners in Ukraine and in neighbouring countries to help provide food, water, shelter and medical assistance. The UK Government will match pound-for-pound up to £20 million donated by the public to this appeal.
International Rescue Committee is raising funds to help provide medical care, emergency food and other critical aid to families affected by conflict. They are working with local partners in Poland and Ukraine, to quickly mobilise resources that will provide lifesaving support to people forced to flee their homes.
British Red Cross is calling for donations to the Disaster Emergency Committee appeal in support of humanitarian aid charities. Currently, the Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), together with fellow Red Cross National Societies in border countries, are working to get vital help to those impacted by this crisis.