The following services are provided by The Dash Charity (Domestic abuse stops here).
We offer outreach support to women and men experiencing domestic abuse who are living in the community. We support people on a one-to-one basis to improve safety and to address other issues such as emotional support, confidence and building self-esteem. We can also help with accessing other services such as housing, children’s services and citizens advice.
Independent Domestic Violence Advocate (IDVA)
Victims assessed as being at ‘high risk’ of serious harm, will be referred to the IDVA. The IDVA will represent you at the Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC) where many agencies including the police, probation, health and social care jointly plan ways to protect you from harm.
If you are a professional, you can call the Dash Charity helpline 01753 549865, or complete a referral form.
If you are fleeing domestic abuse and need temporary accommodation, one option is refuge accommodation. We run three refuges across Berkshire. Families have their own bedroom and share other spaces such as kitchen, bathroom, and living room.
Other support agencies
- National Women’s Aid.
- Thames Valley Police.
- 24-hour National Domestic Abuse Freephone Helpline.
- National Stalking Helpline- Suzy Lamplugh Trust.
- National Men’s Advice Line - advice and support for men experiencing domestic violence and abuse.
- Victims First – providing advice and support to all victims and witnesses of crime across Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire, regardless of whether or not the crime has been reported to the police.
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults – The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.
- Karma Nirvana – supporting victims of honour based abuse and forced marriage.
- Forced Marriage Unit.
- Galop - LGBT+ anti-violence charity and national helpline.
- Get safe online.