Please read through the steps below before applying for a scaffolding residential licence.
Applications in all cases should be submitted at least 10 working days before the licence is required.
The licence fee for two months is £184. A renewal is required after two months.
- The scaffold shall be erected in a proper and secure manner and must minimise obstruction but in no case shall this be less than 1.20 metres.
- The clear pedestrian access shall be agreed with the council, but in no case shall this be less than 1.20 metres.
- Consideration must be given as to the timing of erection/dismantling of the scaffold to inconvenience pedestrian traffic as little as possible.
- The scaffold is to be painted in a colour to be approved by the council and be lit by approved lamps at no more than six metres centres at a height 1.8 metres above ground and operate at all times between half an hour after sunset and half an hour before sunrise.
You are required to submit:
- A minimum public liability of insurance document of £5,000,000,
- A site location plan, and
- A road space booking and road closure (subject to required Traffic management) in addition to applying for this licence.
If the conditions are not adhered to, this will result in a £80 fine for each contravention.
Further guidance and conditions will need to be agreed to prior to applying, these can be seen when applying for a licence.