Council owned land and property

Property Services

The council's land and buildings represent a major source of income for the Royal Borough. Lettings from commercial properties such as light industrial units, shops, shopping centres, residential, recreational areas and grazing land generate this revenue. Disposal of assets which have become surplus to requirement, add to this. The authority believes that the effective use of this resource is vital for achieving its strategic aims and objectives.

The core business of Property Services unit is the management of a wide range of properties on behalf of the council including its commercial property portfolio of factories and shops etc, the management of leased properties on behalf of other departments and the management of the council's administrative buildings.

The team takes a very strong proactive corporate role in identifying property solutions to problems. Examples include identifying sites for affordable housing schemes, major town centre regeneration and redevelopment initiatives. We will continue to promote these skills to the benefit of other departments, the authority and the local community.

The team also provides a valuation and property advice service to Members and other managers of the council in respect of all acquisitions and disposals and major development proposals.

Property and land enquiries

The council only keeps records of its own property and land, therefore if you think it may be owned by council you can make an enquiry via our property and land enquiry form below or using contact details below. The piece of land or property will need to be identified by way of an address, postcode or feature such as road name, playing field name etc.

For council's ownership listing see council's property and land portfolio and the council's commercial property portfolio.

If you think the property or land is private then please contact Land Registry at Gloucester, some enquiries can be done online, therefore please visit their web site at or call English 0300 006 0411, Welsh 0300 006 0422. 

Please note, they can only assist if property or land has been registered with them. Since 1974 it became compulsory for solicitors to notify them of any land or property dealings, if however it is not registered then enquiries with local neighbours or Parish Council's may be of help.

Council land and property for sale

  • Sorry - none available at this time.

Property services : Contact details

For further information, please contact us by:

Property Services team - Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
Town Hall, St Ives Road
Maidenhead SL6 1RF